Full time, Thursday-Monday, must work some holidays and be available to work evenings as needed.
The Tenement Museum is looking for a Maintenance Associate who will assist with our daily maintenance needs and be the point person for Museum security on Thursday evenings, weekends and some holidays.
· Under the direction of the Facilities Director, coordinate day-to-day in-house repairs and maintenance for Visitor Center, Museum and administrative office space.
· Assisting with mopping, vacuuming, and cleaning administrative and visitor center bathrooms on an as needed basis.
· Assist with garbage/recycling on a weekly basis.
· In winter, assist with snow shoveling/snow blowing.
· Serve as point person for inspections for all required equipment including, but not limited to: HVAC systems, elevators, fire safety equipment, sprinklers, and boiler as needed.
· Assist in ordering maintenance equipment and furniture.
· Handle miscellaneous tasks as assigned by Facilities Manager.
· Serve as point person for security on weekends and some holidays.
· Conduct hourly walkthroughs on the Visitor Center floor and frequently check-in with staff to ensure the safety of our staff and visitors.
· Assisting with the repairs and maintenance of all tenant apartments (12, in total) including handling day to day issues (leaks, pests, painting, lighting, etc).
· Work with Building Super to ensure that all tenant issues are addressed in a timely fashion
· Assist in setting up Special Events and Development evening events as needed. This includes but is not limited to moving furniture, clearing Visitor Center floor, and removing garbage.
· At least 5 years’ experience in facilities and/or maintenance work
· Knowledge in related maintenance trades including basic electrical, plumbing and have a basic understanding of heating and cooling systems
· Strong interpersonal and communication –must be a team player
· F95 License Holder preferred but not required
· Bilingual a plus (Spanish or Chinese preferred)
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 35 pounds.
· Must be able to stand for up to 6-8 hours per day.