Discover how Irish immigrants handled discrimination in the 19th century, and what opportunities they might have received in Lower Manhattan. Travel back to 1860s New York to visit Joseph and Bridget Moore, Irish immigrants living with their children at 97 Orchard Street. As on our Irish Outsiders building tour, we’ll visit their tenement apartment to understand daily life and discuss the Moore’s experiences as Irish New Yorkers. How were they making an Irish home in the heart of the ‘Little Germany’ neighborhood?
Cost: $10/device; free with Museum membership
*For Tenement Museum Members, please use this form to set up your reservation.
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with the Moore family! Explore how the New York City St. Patrick’s Day parade, already popular by the 1860s, gave Irish immigrants like the Moores the opportunity to both show pride in their home country and express their new rights in America. We are hosting virtual Moore family tours every day from Saturday, March 13 to Wednesday, March 17.
- Friday, February 26 at 6:00pm ET
- Wednesday, March 3 at 4:00pm ET
- Saturday, March 13 at 7:00pm ET (Special St. Patrick’s Day edition)
- Sunday, March 14 at 4:00pm ET (Special St. Patrick’s Day edition)
- Monday, March 15 at 1:00pm ET (Special St. Patrick’s Day edition)
- Tuesday, March 16 at 1:00pm ET (Special St. Patrick’s Day edition)
- Wednesday, March 17 at 7:00pm ET (Special St. Patrick’s Day edition)
- Saturday, March 20 at 4:00pm ET
- Saturday, March 27 at 4:00pm ET