Full time, Tuesday-Saturday, must work some holidays
The Lower East Side Tenement Museum is looking for a Facilities Manager who will be responsible for all facilities management issues for four buildings, including a National Historic site. Responsibilities will include overseeing general maintenance, housekeeping, dealing with tenant repairs as well as corrective, preventive and planned maintenance for all four buildings.
· Manages the reception area, ordering of offices supplies, maintenance of office equipment and furniture
· Responsible for space planning, communication and movement of individuals and departments to new space
· Maintain and upkeep of all building contracts
· Coordinate day to day in-house repairs and maintenance programs at historic structure (97 Orchard) as well as other buildings
· Perform regular inspections of all four properties to identify potential problem areas
· Review necessary maintenance tasks with the Director of Operations
· Assist with hiring and supervising various contractors to undertake approved repairs and maintenance tasks; act as direct contact when vendors are hired
· Coordinate construction/repair programs, as required
· Manage the house keeping team as well as a full time building superintendent and handyman
· Manage the fire safety for all four buildings, including the management of the fireguard program for all employees who interact with the public
· Schedule inspections for all required equipment including, but not limited to: HVAC systems, elevators, fire safety equipment, and boiler. Responsible for maintaining the equipment registrations.
· Point person for being on-call after hours for emergencies
· Responsible for managing the repairs and maintenance of all tenant apartments (15, in total), including taking care of day to day issues (leaks, bugs, painting, lighting, etc) with the help of the maintenance crew.
· Work with Building Super to ensure that all tenant issues are addressed in a timely fashion
· Oversee ordering of building supplies.
· At least 5 years’ experience in Facilities/Office Management
· Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills that will foster effective working relationship with all museum staff and building tenants
· F95 License Holder preferred but not required
· Bilingual a plus (Spanish or Chinese preferred)
· Hands on personality
To Apply: Please click on the following link and complete the application process: https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=tenement
The Sales Associate position is a fast-paced, dynamic job that is both fun and rewarding. We expect potential sales associates to have a strong work ethic, the ability to multitask, and the stamina to keep calm under pressure. Applicants should be honest, hardworking, patient, outgoing, and genuine. We offer ample opportunities for growth within the company to our ambitious sales associates, with a variety of smart and creative peers.
Our shop is a rapidly growing New York centric book and gift store. We have a wide range of specialty gifts and a wonderfully curated book selection. Our goal is to provide our customers with a great shopping experience that is complimented by our quality products and exemplary customer service.
Sales associates are responsible for the following:
To apply, please submit the following via email: (1) a cover letter that describes how you are a great salesperson; (2) a list of your three favorite stores to shop at and why; and (3) your resume (all in either PDF or .doc form) to email@example.com
We are seeking full-time or part-time candidates for non-commission sales. Applicants must have flexible availability with nights, weekends and some holidays a must. We offer a generous benefits package to full-time staff including health insurance, vacation time, and personal days. This is a non-exempt position.
Under the supervision of the Evening Events Manager, the Evening Events Assistant is a key member of the events team. This position works closely with the Evening Events Manager to market, sell, and organize evening tours, receptions, and space rentals. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree with two years of experience working in event production. Strong writing and communication skills are essential.
The highest priority is to assist the Manager of Evening Events with programs occurring after 5pm. Must have a flexible schedule, as events occur on weekends, weekdays, and evenings. This position does require long periods of standing, as well as moving and lifting furniture.
The Museum is currently seeking a Vice President of Development who will report directly to the President, and is responsible for the overall strategy and management of the fundraising efforts. This includes identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts from individuals, foundations, corporations and government organizations; management of grant proposals; oversight of annual fundraising events; and implementation of annual giving appeals. S/he will work closely with the President and staff as a member of the Senior Management Team to align the museum’s fundraising efforts with the strategic directions and needs of the organization.
Please apply via the follow web link and provide your resume and cover letter, indicating your salary requirements:
Information on Summer Internships will be posted shortly after January 1, 2015.
Check back then for details!
The Lower East Side Tenement Museum is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to making all personnel decisions without regard to age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, disability, marital status, citizenship, pregnancy, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, or any other category protected by law.